No subject

Tue Dec 2 03:01:20 GMT 2003

writeable
An inverted synonym is "read only".

If this parameter is "no", then users of a service may not create or modify
files in the service's directory.

Note that a printable service ("printable = yes") will *ALWAYS* allow
writing to the directory (user privileges permitting), but only via spooling
operations.

Default: writeable = no

Examples:

 	read only = no
 	writeable = yes
 	write ok = yes

Therefore,
writeable=no is the same as read only=yes

End result:

If
  writeable=no
  write list=@staff
Then
  Only users in the staff group can write

If this is not correct, please pount out the error of my logic.

Regards,
Ron