No subject

Tue Dec 2 03:01:20 GMT 2003

˜
        mallard.duc.auburn.edu") by samba.anu.edu.au with ESMTP
	id <S13176740AbQCIWkJ>; Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:40:09 +1100
From:   Christopher Friday <fridacw at auburn.edu>
Date:   Thu, 09 Mar 2000 22:36:47 GMT
Subject: Domain logon problems with Samba TNG
To:     samba-technical at samba.org

Hello!

I am experimenting with Samba TNG in the hopes of at some point
(Soon?) replacing our Windows NT Server 4.0 box with a Linux box
running Samba.  I downloaded the latest source, compiled it and seemed
to have everything in order.  I then added my guinea pig.. err, NT
workstation to the domain and was then able to successfully have it
join the new domain.

I then allowed it to go through its obligatory reboot, but now when I
attempt to login to the domain, I am greeted by the "Please Wait while
the domain list is created" message. This continues for some time,
before the machine crashes, reporting that, "The Windows Logon Process
system process terminated unexpectedly."

I compiled the source "straight out of the box" on a RedHat 6.1 box
running kernel 2.2.12.  I am using nmbd from Samba 2.06 (I ran into
the forking problem).  My NT box is running NT Workstation 4.0 with
SP6a.

Let me know if you need anymore information.  Thanks!

Chris Friday
Dept. of Chemical Engineering
Auburn University