Samba as a frontend to AFS

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Aug 28 17:49:56 GMT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 04:42:29PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The following is a completely preliminary patch to have Samba as a
> frontend to OpenAFS. This is ugly and currently absolutely Linux-only.
>
> 'net keytab' creates a Kerberos v5 keytab with all the possible
> encryption types. You have to run a MIT krb524d with access to this
> keyfile. It also has to have access to AFS's KeyFile. This is not
> exactly well-documented, but I will probably get rid of krb524d in the
> next step anyway, at least as an option.

The "net keytab" is a command that there has been an internal
request at HP for - thanks ! The ability to generate a "normal"
krb5 keytab from our secrets database is definately needed.

One thing I was told is that at least with W2K3 they key version
number is incremented by one on each machine password change,
I don't think we currently do this.

Jeremy.