Ldap fix

Wed Aug 27 10:24:18 GMT 2003

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 12:09:21PM +0200, Erik Tews wrote:
> By the way, if you can show me where in a rfc is written that it is
> wrong if a ldap-server doesn't allow such a add delete style modify,
> then I think we don't need the patch and I can report this to the
> vendor of the ldap-server.

Ok, RFC 2251, line 1815ff:

   - modification: A list of modifications to be performed on the entry.
     The entire list of entry modifications MUST be performed
     in the order they are listed, as a single atomic operation.  While
     individual modifications may violate the directory schema, the
     resulting entry after the entire list of modifications is performed
     MUST conform to the requirements of the directory schema.

The "may" clearly says that the server has to accept a delete and a
later add of the attribute.

Volker