info.autoresponder at info.autoresponder at
Fri Aug 22 20:24:34 GMT 2003

Thank you for your message to  This message is automatically generated.

Please read this entire response as it answers the most common questions we receive.
  If you are asking how to obtain a certified birth certificate all you need to do is go to our website at:

  Once you get to the website you will need to click on Order Birth Certificate, fill out the order form on your computer then print the form, sign it and fax it to us.  You cannot send your birth certificate request by email as we need a signature from you.  Every applicant has to FAX the birth certificate order form to us.                     

We CANNOT change, add or amend information on birth certificates, we can only obtain what is already on file with the state where your birth took place. 

If you are inquiring about US citizens born anywhere outside the United States then please go to this website and read the information listed.

There is a specific toll free telephone number listed on this website where all questions about records of birth abroad can be answered.

If you were born outside the United States to non United States citizens then we cannot obtain a birth certificate for you.
         Below the following paragraphs are answers to common questions:
            Q:  Can change any information on my birth certificate?
            A:  WE CANNOT CHANGE/ADD/OR MODIFY ANY INFORMATION ON A BIRTH CERTIFICATE.  You must contact the Department of Vital Records where the birth took place.
            Q:  Is my information safe to send over the internet?
            A: Your personal information is not sent over the internet because you fill out the information then you print the form, sign it and FAX it to us.
            Q:  Are the certificates obtains legal?
            A:  The birth certificates we obtain are 100% legal certified certificates issued by the appropriate government agency for the state where you were born.  These certificates can be used for ANYTHING that requires a birth certificate.
            Q:  Is my personal information safe?  
            A:  All information that is faxed or sent to is kept private and confidential.  Your information will NEVER be sold or given to any outside company.  We respect your privacy.
            Q:  I need my certificate faster than what is posted on your website.  Can you get them any faster?
            A:  We can get some states quicker than what is posted on the website.  When emergency service is needed please call us so we can go over the procedure and exact processing time for each case.  There is a one time $25 surcharge for emergency service per name.
            Q:  My child does not have a drivers license or identification card?
            A:  If applying for a minor please make a copy of one of the parents drivers license.
            Q:  What if I have lost my drivers license or identification card?
            A:  If a drivers license copy is needed and you do not have a drivers license please write a short letter on a separate sheet of paper stating why you do not have a drivers license and that you need a birth certificate to get a new drivers license.
            Q:  What if I will not be home when the overnight courier delivers my birth certificate?
            A:  Someone must be at the address to sign for the birth certificate when it arrives.  If no one will be at the address, please leave a note taped to your door stating to please leave the package at the door and please sign that note.  If you have to send the certificate to your work address that is fine because someone will be there to sign for it.
            Q:  What if the state where my birth took place does not have a record of my birth?
            A:  If applying for a birth certificate and when we search for the record and no record is found on file then a no record of birth certificate will be issued.  This no record of birth can be used to obtain a passport if needed.
            Q:  Can you send birth certificates internationally?
            A:  Yes.  International shipping orders need to have the shipping address left blank on the order form.  You need to type out your full international address on a separate piece of paper and fax that with your order.  International shipping will have an extra Federal Express fee which will be charged to your credit card.
            Q:  When can I send my information to
            A:  You can fax your requests to us 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
            Q: Can register or change information about a birth?
            A: No, we can only obtain records that are already on file with the appropriate government agency.
            Q: Can I send an email to to ask if a birth certificate is on file?
            A: No, you must fill out the order form and fax it to us.


More information about the samba-technical mailing list