Problem tdbsam and samba 3.0.0.3

Christophe_Gillard at zieglergroup.com Christophe_Gillard at zieglergroup.com
Thu Aug 21 14:34:18 GMT 2003

Hello,

i have installed samba 3.0.0.3 on my Linux 7.2 (Redhat)
When i add a user, the user name is in etc/samba/smbpasswd with his
password but not in my /etc/samba/passdb.tdb

I do a import (pdbedit -i smbpasswd) and i see my user without a password

How to synchronize my etc/password with /etc/samba/passdb.tdb?

Here my smb.conf:

I think it is because i have this line:

smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

Do i delete ou modify it?

[global]
    domain master = yes
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    workgroup = TDOMAIN
    server string = Samba Server
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    load printers = yes
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    max log size = 50
    update encrypted = yes
    netbios name = RH1500
    os level = 32
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    logon script = %u.bat
    domain logons = yes
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    add machine script =/usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false
-M %u
    update encrypted = yes
    unix password sync = yes
    passdb backend = tdbsam:/etc/samba/passdb.tdb
smbpasswd:/etc/samba/smbpasswd guest
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path= /export/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

Another answer: There'sn't a rpm package about samba 3 rc1. Somebody can me
explain how to make it?

Thank you for your answer