winbind and win2003 ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Wed Aug 20 18:19:00 GMT 2003

Greetings ...

    We are having to move to Win2003 from Linux, if I can get winbind to
work, I will at least be able to keep my Linux file/print/mail servers
in place.

    Setup a Win2003 ADS server.  Setup a RedHat 9 server.  Compiled an
rpm from 3.0.0rc1.

    I believe I have been able to join my RH9 box to W2K3 ADS.  I can
check this with "net ads testjoin", which returns "Join is OK", I can
"wbinfo -p" and get "Ping to winbindd succeeded on fd 4", I can do
"wbinfo -m" and get "LEENX" and I can do "wbinfo -u" and get -
LEENX\Administrator
LEENX\Guest
LEENX\SUPPORT_388945a0
LEENX\krbtgt
LEENX\test1
LEENX\test2
LEENX\Test3
LEENX\linux

but if I do "wbinfo -t", I get -
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL (0xc0000001)
Could not check secret

    I have changed almost every option in the smb.conf file which I
throught might be a problem, but don't seem to be going anything
further, could somebody help me.  Thanks.

Mailed
Lee

P.S. Point 7.5.3 of the Samba-HOWTO-Collection, states that "client use
spnego = no", but the 3rc1 states that "14) Full support for client and
server SMB signing to ensure compatibility with default Windows 2003
security settings.", is this true? Should the Samba-HOWTO-Collection be
updated?

P.S.S. Reading throught the man pages and Samba-HOWTO-Collection, I
found a few places that needed correction, please don't think me anal
when I send them to the list.

P.S.S.S. Could any replays also reply to me directly, less I will have
to wait a complete day before I recieve the digiset mail-list.

P.S.S.S.S. Thanks to all the Samba people, excellent product!