Unix passdb?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Aug 20 07:51:26 GMT 2003

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 11:51:19AM +0300, Tom Alsberg wrote about 'Unix passdb?':
> Another question.  In Samba 3.0rc1, where has the code interfacing
> passdb with the Unix native databases/routines (getpw*, getgr*)?  For
> some reason, now in a default install Samba does not recognize the
> local system accounts...
pdb_unixsam has been removed when idmap was added, I think. IIRC the
reason it was removed was because the idmap system of Andrew and Simo
provided a better solution for such accounts, but I doubt whether such
a thing is still possible with the current system.

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/