Windows 2000 Authentication

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Aug 18 22:06:25 GMT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Corral, Randy wrote:

> Dear Samba,
>
> I am trying to connect to a file share using samba 2.07 and a Windows 2000
> Pro client.  When I try to connect I get the following error.
>
> The Account is not authorized to log in from this station.

Suggest you update to samba-2.2.8a or samba-3.0.0rc1.

With samba-2.2.x series you will need to disable sign'n'seal requirements
in the registry of the Windows 2K Pro machine. You will find a registry
patch file in the samba source tarball (or on your Linux system under
/usr/share/doc/packages/samba-2.2.8a/docs/Registry.

> The same user is able to connect from a NT4.0 system.  What is the
> difference if any how 2000 passes the authentication vs. 4.0?

NT4 did not have Sign'n'Seal support.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra