PDC Functions

Mike Miller temp6453 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:20:49 GMT 2003

Hi,
  I am trying to set up Samba as a PDC on our network and having some
difficulty.  I established a trusted machine account and added it to the
domain.  Samba will however not release the SIDs needed by our servers
working off of it.  I get the following message when trying to do a gpresult
[microsoft resource kit]

LookupAccountSid failed with 1789

I did a grep through samba 2.2.8b and samba 3.0.0b3 sources and couldn't
even pull up that 'AccountSid' command.  Is this not supported at all?  Will
I be forced to enter the depths of Windows as a PDC?

It doesn't seem too complicated to release the SIDs to trusted machines
[such as the one which does our user map services]... isn't that what I'm
trying to do here?

-Mike