Samba and MS Shadow Copy

Ken Cross kcross at nssolutions.com
Thu Aug 7 16:48:45 GMT 2003

Also, I have noticed that there must be some differences between the current
file and the files in the Shadow Copies.  Make sure *something* is changed
in the files.  (Directories seem to always display Shadow Copies.)

Ken
________________________________

Ken Cross

Network Storage Solutions
Phone 865.675.4070 ext 31
kcross at nssolutions.com

It's now working...

I also get the ShadowCopies Dialog on file/dir properties.

But they don't show any older files :-(

Here's a trace with my samba returning 18 snaps...

I have added @GMT-.... directories by hand to the share
so the snapshot files are there...

But there's not shown

>Do you have a Win 2003 Server that you can test against to see if it
>sees "real" Shadow Copies?

No, not yet :-(

metze