FIxed [was Re: Authentication through transitive trusts]

Esh, Andrew Andrew_Esh at adaptec.com
Thu Aug 7 13:23:24 GMT 2003

In "let them choose", who is "them"? NFS users?

The windows client gets the list of users to apply for an ACL directly from
the domain. If your system pulls in a list and lets them choose the users as
if they are local to the Samba server, then it's doing a user identity
translation in both directions that isn't needed at all. Let the client
choose users and groups from the domain, and then they will send you the ACL
list with the SIDs for each entry already set.

If you're pulling in the list to do UID mapping between Windows and NFS,
good luck.

I suppose it would be nice if wbinfo -u took an optional domain name
argument, to scope the output.