Samba and MS Shadow Copy

Ken Cross kcross at nssolutions.com
Wed Aug 6 12:31:07 GMT 2003

> >what is if we have 0 volumes and lables?

It just returns num_volumes = 0, data_size = 16.

> My winXP sp1 box doesn't send the ioctl call over the wire :-(
>
> NTFILMON from www.sysinternals.com
>
> shows IOCTL:0x14019F    INVALID DEVICE REQUEST
>
> but ethereal didn't show anything...
>
> Is any flag that says this is enabled?

I'm running XP Pro SP1, but it needs the Shadow Copy upgrade from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e382358f-33c3-4de7-
acd8-a33ac92d295e   Once that was installed, it worked great.

You mean your box sent 0x14019F?  No idea where that came from.  Does
NTFILMON have a value for 0x00144064 (that's what I'm seeing).

Do you have a Win 2003 Server that you can test against to see if it sees
"real" Shadow Copies?

> metze
> Stefan "metze" Metzmacher <metze at metzemix.de>

Ken