Samba and MS Shadow Copy

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Tue Aug 5 05:09:48 GMT 2003

At 17:59 04.08.2003 +0000, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 01:22:31PM -0400, Ken Cross wrote:
> >
> > -----------------------
> >
> > DISCLAIMER
> >
> > This information has been developed through the usual tedious process of
> > reverse-engineering.  I make no claims about its accuracy or whether it
> will
> > stay this way.  All I can say is that it seems to work for me at the
> moment.
>
>Ken,
>
>         *VERY* cool work. I'll look at getting this into the tree asap.
>
>Thanks,
>
>         Jeremy.

Jeremy,

please change the macros to SMB_VFS_GETSHADOWDATA(...)

+/* KJC Shadow Volume operations. */
+#define SMB_VFS_SHADOW_DATA(conn,size,outbuf)
((conn)->vfs.ops.getshadowdata((conn)->vfs.handles.getshadowdata,(conn),(size),(outbuf)))
+

because if the function pointer is named 'getshadowdata'

the macros should be SMB_VFS_UPERCASEFUNCTIONNAME()

We should be doing this in the same style for each function...

Ken,

         cool work!!!

is the module you wrote anywhere to download or look at:-)

I maybe want to write a vfs_subversion module, and this stuff is really
cool for that...:-)

metze