NTLM authentication with NTLM2 session security

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Aug 3 05:28:12 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 06:44, Eric wrote:
> I updated my documentation to reflect this stuff.  Not much more than
> what I mentioned below, but it is at:
>
> http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html#theNtlm2SessionResponse

I tried a number of different combinations to get the session key, but
have so far drawn a blank...

Can I have some traces of NTLM2 actually used in an SMB context?  This
might help me see what I'm missing.  It's probably very, very simple...

Given the fact that we need to work with SMB signing, we can't use NTLM2
until we get this working.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net