use ntSid instead of rid for pdb_ldap?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 28 13:41:48 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 17:18, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> I would like (but I know it's a push this late in the game) to make this
> new schema the default for 3.0, when --with-ldapsam (the 2.2
> compatibility option) is not specified, and to ship the new schema.

Given the general reaction on this list, and on IRC, I've committed this
patch to Samba 3.0 CVS.

If you compile --with-ldapsam, then you get a 2.2 compatible server.
Likewise, if you use the ldapsam_compat passdb module.

Otherwise, you get ldapsam, with or without _nua.  These may merge once
idra is finished with his idmap stuff.

Jerry (as far as I understood him at least) has indicated he is willing
to write a conversion script.

Note that the schema is still subject to change, and that all 3.0
released have been marked as 'not for production use' - so you can't
complain too bitterly about this ;-)

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net