LMHOSTS as static WINS entry repository?

Mon Apr 28 08:17:23 GMT 2003

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 07:11:29PM +0200, Simo Sorce wrote:
> That way you cannot have entries in lmhosts that you do not want to show
> in wins ...

Where would you like to see that information? Another file? I would like
to keep the static entries out of wins.tdb, as this then becomes a critical
configuration file and not one that is built automatically over the
time. I don't say that wins.tdb is not critical, but it is one of the
magic files that many admins might not care about so much.

Volker