Meaning of variables in smb.h

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Mon Apr 28 03:30:55 GMT 2003

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Joachim wrote:

> A structure named "struct connection_struct" is defined in
> source/include/smb.h. What is the meaning of the members "dirpath",
> "connectpath" and "origpath"? (Currently I do VFS programming and I
> wondered about the meaning of these members.)

Hmmm, I was just looking at these for someone the other day.

dirpath seems to be used in functions that scan directories. I _believe_
that connect path is the path to the base of the tree that is shared, and
orig path will be the path as in the share spec without any substitutions
done, but could be wrong.

> I assume "origpath" is the (real) path of the share, right???
>
> And another member: "int service"?

This refers to the snum, ie, the share definition in smb.conf as imported
into smbd.

Regards
-----