VFS MODULE writers HEAD's up!!! Fixing Cascaded VFS modules

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Sat Apr 26 13:45:10 GMT 2003

At 09:27 22.04.2003 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
>Is this the one we can all accept?
>if yes, I'll start implementing it
>

>> > This would also make 'vfs object = recycle audit recycle' possible.
>> >
>> > it would drop the support for old modules!
>> > (for me it's not a problem :-)
>>It should be clearly documented!
>>I do like *handle approach too (first one). As for breaking compatibility
>>with previous alpha versions, it will probably occur anyway when NT quota
>>support will be integrated.
>
>OK, Does anyone has objections to not start to implement this approach?

Here's the first version off my implementation...

This is not ready to apply, but it would be fine if someone can test it...

What left is moving all smb_register_*() to NTSTATUS smb_register_*(uint16
version, ...)

That's in the other patch I sended.

don't worry about the idmap.h and sysquotas.h

I need unid_t and SMB_DISK_QUOTA structs...

metze
Stefan "metze" Metzmacher <metze at metzemix.de>