LDAP groupMapping question (also samba3-pre23 and default groups)

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Sat Apr 26 11:21:39 GMT 2003

Ignacio Coupeau wrote:
> I'm playing with a ldif like this:

I solved the question.
All my problem and perhaps other like "samba3-pre23 and default groups"
may be solved:
1. patching the schema to accept cn
2. wrote the posixGroup in the LDAP

I found that the nsswitch.conf (group files) are bypassed by the new
code so, the (posix)groups *must be* present in the LDAP or no way to
use groupmapping at all.

the code:
static int ldapsam_search_one_group_by_gid(struct ldapsam_privates
*ldap_state,
                                            gid_t gid,
                                            LDAPMessage **result)
{
         pstring filter;

         snprintf(filter, sizeof(filter)-1,
                  "(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(gidNumber=%i))", gid);

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              icoupeau at alumni.unav.es
University of Navarra      icoupeau at ieee.org