samba_3_0+ldapsam_nua: creating machine trust accounts fails

Alex Deiter tiamat at komi.mts.ru
Sat Apr 26 04:23:35 GMT 2003

> With samba samba-3.0a23 i'm unable to create new Machine Trust Accounts
with
> ldapsam_nua.
>I think I have this fixed in current 3.0 CVS.

Many thanks! It works with today's 3.0 CVS:

# smbpasswd -D 5 -a -m pc-test
Netbios name list:-
my_netbios_names[0]="SANDRA"
Trying to load: ldapsam_nua
Attempting to register passdb backend ldapsam
Successfully added passdb backend 'ldapsam'
Attempting to register passdb backend ldapsam_nua
Successfully added passdb backend 'ldapsam_nua'
Attempting to register passdb backend smbpasswd
Successfully added passdb backend 'smbpasswd'
Attempting to register passdb backend smbpasswd_nua
Successfully added passdb backend 'smbpasswd_nua'
Attempting to register passdb backend tdbsam
Successfully added passdb backend 'tdbsam'
Attempting to register passdb backend tdbsam_nua
Successfully added passdb backend 'tdbsam_nua'
Attempting to register passdb backend unixsam
Successfully added passdb backend 'unixsam'
Attempting to register passdb backend guest
Successfully added passdb backend 'guest'
Attempting to find an passdb backend to match ldapsam_nua (ldapsam_nua)
Found pdb backend ldapsam_nua
pdb backend ldapsam_nua has a valid init
ldapsam_search_one_user: searching
for:[(&(uid=pc-test$)(objectclass=sambaAccount))]
ldapsam_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: succesful connection to the LDAP server
The LDAP server is succesful connected
We don't find this user [pc-test$] count=0
ldapsam_search_one_user: searching
for:[(&(uid=pc-test$)(objectclass=sambaAccount))]
ldapsam_open: allready connected to the LDAP server
ldapsam_search_one_user: searching for:[uid=pc-test$]
ldapsam_open: allready connected to the LDAP server
Adding new user
Setting entry for user: pc-test$
ldapsam_get_next_available_nua_rid: searching
for:[(&(uid=*)(objectclass=sambaAccount))]
ldapsam_open: allready connected to the LDAP server
search_top_nua_rid: 3 entries in the base!
Entry found for user: tiamat
Entry found for user: test
Entry found for user: pc-install$
ldapsam_search_one_user: searching for:[rid=7002]
ldapsam_open: allready connected to the LDAP server
NUA RID 7002 (0x1b5a), declared valid
ldapsam_open: allready connected to the LDAP server
added: uid = pc-test$ in the LDAP database
Added user pc-test$.

Thanks!