Squid with NTLM -- groups from SAM_LOGON reply to squid?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Apr 25 14:20:17 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 00:14, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'd like to have my squid with NTLM configured in a way that I can say
>
> acl internet_user proxy_auth @nt-group
>
> in /etc/squid.conf. No idea if this would be a correct syntax in a
> squid extension, I have not looked at that yet. Would it be
> possible/desired to return the group SIDs in the auth_crap (I love
> this name :-)) response from winbind?

We do, for Samba - in an info3 blob :-)

If you would like to parse that info3 into a text format, to be put in
the 'extra data' portion of the winbind reply, I would have no
objections.

That way, we can also have other apps reading this data, which I think
would be a 'good thing'.  Just add another flag to the auth_crap
request.

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net