status of 3.0 testing

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Apr 25 03:45:46 GMT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Things that work well in my experience (if people have different
> experiences, let me know):
>
>  * net rpc vampire - except that the builtin group membership is not
>    migrated.  I have local patches to fix this, but I'm wondering
>    why it was left out in the beginning.  Volker ?  Any comments?
>
>  * trust relationships - almost there.  We need to be able to allocate
>    uids/gids for trusted domain users/groups.  Winbind running on
>    a Samba PDC will solve this, but we have to fix the deadlock
>    issues first.  IMO we need to fix this before the feature freeze.
>    I know Simo was working on this.  How does it stand right now ?
>
>  * printer publishing via Windows printer properties page - currently
>    broken due to some krb credentials cache issue.
>
>  * Winbind - works with active directory and nt 4 domains (no
>    regressions that I can see).
>
>  * printing code (backend, lanman, & spoolss) - seems ok
>
>  * file serving (including MS-DFS)  - seems ok
>
>  * tdbsam - anyone using this that can comment ?
>
>  * ldapsam - looks ok.  We do have some schema issues to iron out
>    though.
>
>  * group mapping (tested with LDAP) - ok
>
>  * nt4 domain control - works good with a few minor bugs popping
>    up here and there
>
> That's all I can think of for right now.

Things that need looking at:

1. MS Windows 9x/Me User Level Access Control

2. NT4 Domain User Manager can not set/remove Interdomain Trusts

3. Windows Me clients still randomly blue screen on a passive network

4. MS Windows XP Pro - use of MMC console to manage domain users
	- account changes can not be written

5. Should include sample scripts or example Unix tool configs for the
	add user script
	delete user sript
	add group script
	delete group script