Question re: Old-style DFS

Shirish Kalele kalele at veritas.com
Thu Apr 24 20:52:40 GMT 2003

Yes, this bit indicates the server hosts a dfs tree. The only thing that
I've known to use it so far is the Windows "Dfs Administrator" utility
which uses it to list servers to select from to administer dfs.

samba sets this bit in set_default_server_announce_type() if 'msdfs root'
is set.

Thanks,
Shirish