samba-3.0alpha23: linux quota compiling error

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Thu Apr 24 15:53:27 GMT 2003

At 09:48 24.04.2003 +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> > >Try the following (not yet well tested on non-Linux platforms) patch from
> > >Stephan
> > >Metzmacher which adds support for NT quotas and fixes this particular bug.
> > >
> > >It is a candidate for Samba 3.0 and a widespread testing is welcome.
> > >
> > >http://samba.org/~ab/samba-3.0-ntquotas-metze.patch.bz2
> >
> > if this patch doesn't apply cleanly to the current HEAD
> >
> > ask me for a new patch. (3_0 or HEAD)
>Stephan, I've updated that patch to SAMBA_3_0 now (fixed all errors with

Stefan :-)

>current_user in nttrans.c/trans2.c), so please use it as starting point
>for further enhancements, the patch should be finished before freeze (May,
>5th).
I have allready ported this patch to 3_0, and have fixed that too:-)

I thing till May 5th it's only possible to support LINUX for this new
interface...

but if we add it to the vfs layer and provide dummy function for the other
platforms.

it is possible to write a module that support the new interface for this
platforms.

also I would like to only make use of feature when
configure --with-sys-quota=yes

is specified.

>As JRA noted, we need to finish dfree() implementation conversion too
>before this will be added to SAMBA_3_0.

???
Do you mean the
smb.conf: