VFS module - filter everyone etc.

Rainer Link rainer at openantivirus.org
Thu Apr 24 11:11:57 GMT 2003

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
[..]
> (If you want you can send me the code when the new vfs module system is
> in CVS
> and I will convert it for you :-)

Stefan (et al): I would really appreciate, if

- there's some kind of a HowTo telling how to convert existing VFS
modules into the new VFS system
- the documentation of VFS modules could be expanded imho (e.g.
Samba-Developers-Guide.pdf) :-)
- is there a prefered way, how memory for private data (i.e.
vfs_handle->data) should be allocated? via talloc as in
modules/vfs_recycle.c (as in 3_0 and HEAD)? My own VFS modules currently
use global vars and I really would like to get rid of that ASAP.

Sooner or later my samba-vscan stuff has to be up-to-date with 3_0. But
I couln't follow the VFS development(s) past months as I was just too
busy with other stuff. And now it seems I've lost track wrt the current
VFS implementation. *sigh*

TIA

best regards,
Rainer Link