samba-3.0alpha23: linux quota compiling error

Alexander Bokovoy a.bokovoy at sam-solutions.net
Wed Apr 23 14:09:56 GMT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 10:58:17AM -0300, Andreas wrote:
> I'm getting the following error while trying to compile samba-3.0alpha23:
> Compiling smbd/quotas.c
> smbd/quotas.c: In function `get_smb_linux_vfs_quota':
> smbd/quotas.c:115: storage size of `D' isn't known
Does it have if_dqblk?

> quotas.c includes <linux/quota.h>, but that include file only defines
> mem_dqblk (quota2?) if __KERNEL__ is defined.
>
> <sys/quota.h>, on the other hand, does define dqblk (quota 1?) for user level applications.
Also, do your linux/quota.h and sys/quota.h have same defines for syscalls as
well? There are number of reports for vendors who actually provide them
different.

> Shouldn't samba use sys/quota.h instead of linux/quota.h?
> My kernel is a heavily patched 2.4.20 one I'm afraid.
Try the following (not yet well tested on non-Linux platforms) patch from Stephan
Metzmacher which adds support for NT quotas and fixes this particular bug.

It is a candidate for Samba 3.0 and a widespread testing is welcome.

http://samba.org/~ab/samba-3.0-ntquotas-metze.patch.bz2

Please report your results to me, as I'm responsible for its integration.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
---