Acl inherit problem in samba 2.2.8

Henrik Beckman henrik at sgu.se
Wed Apr 23 11:51:37 GMT 2003

Acl inherit problem in samba 2.2.8

Hi all these seems  to be an bug in 2.2.8, it didn´t happen in 2.2.7.
See below for details and example.

Hope someone can help me out, this is a real showstopper here =(

Sincerly

/Henrik
Henrik Beckman
Geological Survey of Sweden

Problem:
Acl mask doesn´t get inherited correctly, rwx becomes r-x.

Platform:
Samba version is 2.2.8 on 2.4.18-4SGI_XFS_1.1 with XFS as filesystem.
[global]
        workgroup = notforUtoknow
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        min passwd length = 6
        password server = notforUtoknow
        username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map
        log file = /var/opt/samba/log/%m
        deadtime = 10
#       socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE
        character set = ISO8859-1
        wins server = notforUtoknow
        invalid users = smsclitoknacct& smsclisvcacct&
        create mask = 0644
        host msdfs = yes
        inherit acls = yes
        acl compatibility
#       nt acl support = yes
        log level = 2

[[lab]
        comment = acl lab
        path = /xfs
        read only = No

Example:
The directory 314001 has the following acl set

# file: ../314001
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
user:jste:rwx
user:henbec:rwx
group::r-x
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:user:jste:rwx
default:user:henbec:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

Wich is OK, no problems here....

When a create subdirectories to 314001, as the directory nt4_test as
seen below.
The acl mask rwx doesn´t get inheritet correctly, it becomes r-x.

[henbec at pchyd29 314001]$ getfacl *
# file: nt4_test
# owner: henbec
# group: adb
user::rwx
user:jste:rwx                   #effective:r-x
user:henbec:rwx                 #effective:r-x
group::rwx                      #effective:r-x
mask::r-x
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:user:jste:rwx
default:user:henbec:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

If I bypass samba and create a subdirectory directly with mkdir the acl mask
get´s set correctly to rwx

# file: unix_test
# owner: henbec
# group: adb