VFS module - filter everyone etc.

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at metzemix.de
Wed Apr 23 11:36:01 GMT 2003

At 13:08 23.04.2003 +0200, Libor Vanek wrote:
>>Please read this mail and all other with the same topic...
>>http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2003-April/044132.html
>
>Hmmm, seems like only very minor changes.

for module writer yes (I hope so, it should be simple to port old modules
to the new system!)

But there some reall good new features :-)

>>If you have problems with writing the module it self, I can help you
>>with that!
>>But I'm not familiar with the poix acl internals.
>>But ask me and I will see what I can do :-)
>
>That would be very helpful. I need to catch the point where is Samba
>sending to Windows list of ACLs (e.g. owner user  is john and has rwx,
>owner group is johngroup and has rw-, everyone has r--, adam has rw-,
>managment has rwx) and filter owner group and everyone out of this list
>(so return only owner user john, adam and managment).

take a look at smbd/posix_acls.c and lib/sysacls.c....

then try to write a module with overloads all *acl* vfs functions (take a
look at include/vfs.h)

this function should only pass the parameter to the default functions.

then you start debuging inside your module functions...

You can start with the old module system( it works ok when you use the your
module only on one share)
(If you want you can send me the code when the new vfs module system is in CVS
and I will convert it for you :-)

metze