VFS module - filter everyone etc.

Libor Vanek libor at conet.cz
Wed Apr 23 11:08:32 GMT 2003

>> can anybody help me with writing VFS module for filtering NT ACL
>> list? I want users NOT to see owner group/everyone in list of ACLs
>> for file/directory (all other ACL should be visible without any
>> modification).
>>
>> I wanted to use skel.c from VFS examples and "hook up" to the
>> "skel_get_nt_acl", but it didn't seemed to be the right function (or
>> I failed to understand function parametres - it can be :-))) but what
>> else if not this one?
>

> Do you want to write this module for samba 3.0 ?
> if so then please notice that the vfs interface will be changed a bit
> in the next days.

Yes

> Please read this mail and all other with the same topic...
> http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2003-April/044132.html

Hmmm, seems like only very minor changes.

> If you have problems with writing the module it self, I can help you
> with that!
> But I'm not familiar with the poix acl internals.
> But ask me and I will see what I can do :-)

That would be very helpful. I need to catch the point where is Samba
sending to Windows list of ACLs (e.g. owner user  is john and has rwx,
owner group is johngroup and has rw-, everyone has r--, adam has rw-,
managment has rwx) and filter owner group and everyone out of this list
(so return only owner user john, adam and managment).

--

Libor Vanek

| Email:    libor at conet.cz            |
| ICQ:      124529939                 |