Samba and Microsoft Word

Ethy H. Brito ethy at inexo.com.br
Tue Apr 22 12:10:56 GMT 2003

Dears

I am using samba 2.0.7 (yeah, I know! it's dammed old! too lazy to
update now). I just can't save any documents over SMB. Word 97 says the
disc is full or write protected. I have to save the document into
Windows Desktop and then "drag and drop" it into the remote folder.
Wordpad/Notepad works great.
Is that a known issue? Any magic option I forgot to set?

Environment:
Server
  Slackware 7.1
  Samba 2.0.7
Client
  Windows 98 + Office 97 (4 stations)

I posted it here because nobody at samba general list could help.
I heard from two other guys in that list with the same problem and they
reported the same problem with EXcell too.
One have already tried Samba versions 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.5, 2.2.6, 2.2.7,
and now 2.2.8a on a RH7.1 and RH7.3 with the same results.

Maybe a lock problem??

--

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML