HEAD printer support crashes spoolss on client machine

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Tue Apr 22 00:15:58 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

Samba HEAD plus NT4SP6 Server client; if I open the Samba server's
Printers folder and attempt to get properties for any printer, there's a
long pause after which the NT box's Spooler keels over with an
application error. It's probably worth noting that I'm using an
enumports script to allow me to have multiple distinctly-named printer
ports on the Samba server; disabling the enumports command appears to
stop the service from crashing, but prevents me from getting the
properties dialogue box also.

Cheers,
Waider.