Unable to join domain w/ current CVS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Apr 21 16:23:03 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 01:40, Esh, Andrew wrote:
> It appears as though there is no trust account on the Domain Controller for
> the Samba host to use. You have to add the Samba host to the domain as you
> would any other server. The easiest way to do this is to go to the domain
> controller, and add an account via the Server Manager (if the DC is running
> NT). Then, "smbpasswd -j DOMAIN_NAME" can be used on the Samba host to
> attach to the new account.

The commands as issued by the original poster *should* have worked.

I would look into the codepage issue, just to quieten the logs (try
re-running ./autogen.sh, and configure) and try with the latest CVS.  (I
added some extra fun there, which should not have helped but anyway...)

smbpasswd -j doesn't exist in 3.0

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net