autoconf and rh7.0?

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Mon Apr 14 16:40:38 GMT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 06:33:39PM +0200, Eddie Lania wrote:
> Dear developers.

> I am unable to generate the configure script using autogen.sh:

> ./autogen.sh: need autoconf 2.53 or later to build samba from CVS

> However, RedHat 7.0 doesn't have this version of autoconf.
> My RedHat 7.0 installation is up to date.
> So, does this mean that RedHat 7.0 users will not be able to compile samba
> anymore?

It means that Red Hat 7.0 users will not be able to compile Samba *from
CVS* unless they install a recent version of autoconf.  If you are going
to be following Samba development closely enough that you need to run
autogen.sh, I do strongly recommending getting up-to-date copies of the
development tools.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer