Printer Change Notification in Samba 2.2.1a

Pradeepa Venkatswamy pradeepa.venkatswamy at wipro.com
Mon Apr 14 04:55:22 GMT 2003

Hi,

    We are using samba version 2.2.1a on linux.Does it support printer
change notification?

    The problem we are facing is,
    We have configured the printer share and printing is happening.But
the print queue is not getting refreshed automatically.Every time we
need to do manual refresh to  see the status of print jobs in print
queue.

As far as our understanding, windows client will update the queue by
means of printer change notifications or by means of polling ie to make
the refresh to happen in certain intervals.We don't know how to
configure the windows client for polling?Or samba has to support printer
change notification.

Any idea on this is really helpful.

Regards,
V.Pradeepa.