[samba3-alpha23] Status of printers remains "Access denied, unable to connect"

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Fri Apr 11 20:53:30 GMT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 01:29:19PM -0700, Kristis Makris wrote:

> > > Has anyone been able successfully print with samba-alpha23+LDAP+cups, or
> > > at least samba-alpha23+LDAP ?

> > My SAMBA_3_0 (updated every day or so from CVS) print server / PDC
> > works fine using an OpenLDAP 2.1.9 server.

> Thanks for the info Jerry. Are you using cups, lpd, lprng ... ?

To supplement Jerry's comment, I'm also using Samba 3.0 (3.0alpha23 with
patches) with ldapsam and LPRng, and printing now works ok after a bit of
patching.

The only outstanding patch that has not yet been included in SAMBA_3_0
affects SMB printing only, not RPC (spoolss) printing.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer