[samba3-alpha23] Status of printers remains "Access denied, unable to connect"

Kristis Makris kristis.makris at datasoft.com
Fri Apr 11 19:02:25 GMT 2003

Hello,

As pointed out in thread
http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2003-April/043985.html

I have been getting "Access denied, unable to connect" status messages
for added printers. When using samba 2.2.7 configured to forward
authentication to samba3-alpha23, samba3-alpha22, and samba3-alpha18, I
still get the same status message.

As pointed out in

http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/2003-April/043668.html

printing in  samba3-alpha18 was stable, so I'm wondering if what I'm
seeing is in part a result of attempting to authenticate against LDAP.
The underlying printing service is cups.

Has anyone been able successfully print with samba-alpha23+LDAP+cups, or
at least samba-alpha23+LDAP ?

Thanks for any feedback,
Kristis