adding drivers to print$

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Fri Apr 11 12:50:50 GMT 2003

Bradley W. Langhorst wrote on Samba digest:

> Date: 10 Apr 2003 19:03:00 -0400
> From: "Bradley W. Langhorst" <brad at langhorst.com>
> To: samba-technical at samba.org
> Subject: adding drivers to print$
> Message: 22
>
> i was just reviewing the documentation on print$ and
> i find that one must first add a driver on the advanced tab
> before driver uploads on the sharing page work.
>
> is that a bug or should i come up with a documentation patch?

I'm currently writing up things for the HOWTO collection (and
also patches for the smb.conf where applicable). It is a complete
rewrite for the CUPS printing chapter. I planned to include a
step-by-step guide for the driver upload from the clients too,
but it's not yet finished (currently working on the "cupsaddsmb"
part for CUPS).

Please send me a suggestion for the wording.

> this is true for both samba 2.2.8a and samba_3_0
>

> brad

Cheers,
Kurt