samba_3_0 still segfaults upon trying to refresh view of prin ters: gdb bt

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Apr 10 16:56:59 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 11:09, Esh, Andrew wrote:
> Make sure you have version 1.50 of tdb/tdbutil.c. Make clean and recompile.
>
> The reason is: The tdb_pack function was modified on March 14th to do
> estimates of the storage size which would be required for a given set of
> arguments. The printing.c code in your stack dump is using tdb_pack in this
> way at the line indicated. When I look at version 1.50 of tdbutil.c, the
> line shown in your stack dump does not contain executable code. The printing
> code is trying to use tdb_pack to measure the packed storage size of a
> single local integer, which the correct tdb_pack code should easily be able
> to do. This leads me to think that old tdbutil code was linked in, instead
> of 3.0 HEAD code.
I'm having similar problems - though my segfault appears to occur in
pjob_delete...
I've had a look at the latest SAMBA_3_0 and tdbutil.c is at
/tdbutil.c/1.38.2.9/Tue Apr  8 01:26:13 2003//TSAMBA_3_0

are you saying that the changes from HEAD should be merged into
SAMBA_3_0 to fix these printing problems?

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>