the support for rpc commands in samba 3.0

more.zeng more.zeng at raidtec.ie
Thu Apr 10 04:21:22 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am now trying to use samba3.0 alpha 23 as our file server in win2000
domain. Until now it works very well, it joins the ADS domain and works
nicely, very thanks for the effort taken by samba team and all the
supporting guys.

Still I have these such questions:

I have found samba supports many kinds of windows network protocols such
as smb, dcerpc, srvsvc, winreg, etc. It makes the samba integraged with
win2000 domain very well. But I find until now it is impossible for me
to build or stop a share from win2000 server mmc. I think it is for the
reason that samba does not support the required rpc commands. If what I
thought is right, will samba 3.0 release or later alpha versions support
all these commands? I wish to get the confirmation for it is in our plan
decision.

Thanks a lot for any reply.

Regards,
more