NetServerEnum2 from libsmbclient on port 445.

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Tue Apr 8 16:17:13 GMT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 09:37:15AM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
:
> I think perhaps we should try 139 by default, or if we connected on 145,
> we should use and RPC not RAP.

Right (well, 445 not 145, but I unnerstan).

... but that means that we have to keep track of some context that I don't
think we have now.

In my book I suggest that 139 should be the first attempt if the name
resolved as a NetBIOS name rather than a DNS name.  We would also try 139
if the operation (a RAP call, in this case) is more appropriate to the NBT
environment.  That all implies that we can control the ordering of the
code that attempts the connection on a per-call basis depening upon those
semantics.

This is all stuff I want to study, but even when my book is done I'm going
to need some decompress time...  :)

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org