REPOST: sesssetup.c, encrypted passwords and unicode

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Apr 7 18:33:28 GMT 2003

Nir,

I am rushing to get my book finished, but I plan on spending some time
with the rest of the Team next week and will show them what I have found
with regard to this issue.

Again, I do not believe that Windows servers offer the plaintext/Unicode
combination.  This is something that only Samba servers (as far as I know)
can handle.  To make this work, we need to see how Windows clients react
to it and do our best to compensate.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org