Question about smbtorture / cifs-load-gen

Richard Sharpe rsharpe at richardsharpe.com
Mon Apr 7 17:25:18 GMT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Nir Livni wrote:

> Cifs_load_gen seems easier,
> But somehow cannot connect to my samba server.
> I've tried everything (security = user/server/domain , encrypt password =
> yes,no).
>
> The problem seem to be in cli_negprot( ).
> After cifs_load_gen sends the protocols it supports,
> It should receive NTLANMAN 1.0 as an answer.
> The log shows the samba returns this answer.
> But somehow, when cifs_load_gen is reading the server's response,
> Cli->protocol becomes 1 instead of 5.
>
> Cliconnect.c Line 867:  cli->protocol =
> prots[SVAL(cli->inbuf,smb_vwv0)].prot;   <=== this is 1 instead of 5
>
> Please forgive my ignorance regarding this matter.
> Hope you could help me solve it.

Is it possible to get a trace/sniff?

I have seen problems with NetApp and one of the EMC boxes in the past in
that they do not accept just share name in the tcon, but want something of
the form //server/share.

To that end, there is a command line flag you can use to secify that, I
think.

If you make any patches, I would appreciate them back so I can update the
code.

Regards
-----