rpc client timeouts

Roylance, Stephen D. SROYLANCE at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Apr 4 17:04:06 GMT 2003

> On April 1, SROYLANCE at PARTNERS.ORG said:
> > Winbind calls into the rpc client, which starts fetching
> the list of members
> > The rpc client sets a timeout and starts pulling the list
> of group members
> > Fetching all 60k users takes longer than the timeout, the
> timeout fires and
> > the rpc client returns failure
>
> I don't think this is the case. Is your domain controller NT4? I've
> encountered some problems with large RPC retrievals from NT4 which
> appear to be caused by a bug in the Samba code somewhere, but I've not
> had a whole lot of luck in solving the problem.

the DC's are all 2K.  My original conjecture does seem to be wrong.  I have a
log from running winbindd with -d 10 that does show a 10 second gap before the
timeout.  I'll keep poking around, and attempt to interpret the log.

-Steve