more on broken smbclient tar behaviour

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Fri Apr 4 15:57:05 GMT 2003

On April 4, jelmer at nl.linux.org said:
> > further to this: the usage message outright lies to you. It suggests
> > putting the sharename at the end of the parameter list, at which point
> > smbclient tries to treat the tarfile filename as the sharename.
> I'm working on this.

Cool. I've pretty much figured out what's wrong; the clitar stuff is
being passed "optind", which isn't useful any more due to the switch
to using popt. And popt doesn't have an optind clone. I've started
dragging popt stuff into clitar.c, but that opens an entirely
different can of worms.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

merde says, "i liked [the company] a lot, but i fear the relentless hip of the
    environment may cause me to become caustic and irritable."