more on broken smbclient tar behaviour

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Fri Apr 4 14:22:01 GMT 2003

On April 4, waider at waider.ie said:
> * When it's trying to snag the filename from the arglist, it's using
>   argv[Optind]. Optind is 1 when this code runs, meaning the sharename
>   is taken to be the tarfile name. This is the bug I originally
>   mentioned.

further to this: the usage message outright lies to you. It suggests
putting the sharename at the end of the parameter list, at which point
smbclient tries to treat the tarfile filename as the sharename.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

Elsie says, "hate is self-destructive, love. all things are interconnected
    blah blah blah. take the money."