more on broken smbclient tar behaviour

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Fri Apr 4 13:59:52 GMT 2003

I'm having trouble following what's supposed to be going on here as I
wasn't clear on what it was doing before :) However.

* It appears that the code in clitar.c that parses the arguments for
  one thing assumes that if you don't specify -F or -I as part of the
  tar instruction (i.e. smbclient -TF or -TI) that you want -X
  behaviour and it attempts to process all the args as a
  cliplist. This doesn't seem right in any context.

* When it's trying to snag the filename from the arglist, it's using
  argv[Optind]. Optind is 1 when this code runs, meaning the sharename
  is taken to be the tarfile name. This is the bug I originally
  mentioned.

I'll see if I can figure out how to fix these, but if someone else
fixes it first I'm not going to complain :)

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

Drawing attention to virtue lowers your moral altitude.