IDMAP backends

Simo idra at samba.org
Thu Apr 3 14:55:02 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 08:56, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> Hi Jim, Simo,
>
> we now have two places where idmap backends are
> and I think we should fix that!

Yes, it is planned, and partly done on my machine, I left up an hack to
be able to use the old winbind idmap code (the portion of code where jim
put the code) just to not break everything.

> we also should make the difference between
> the idmap cache (winbind_idmap.tdb /idmap.tdb)

there will be, be patient

> and the idmap backend witch gets the data from a maintained place.
> ( e.g. idmap_ldap ...)
>
> and we should not use the 'idmap backend' parameter for both!

we have idmap backend and winbind backend currently, they do not use
both idmap backend.

Simo.

Simo Sorce    -  idra at samba.org
Samba Team    -  http://www.samba.org