duplicate policy handle values

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Thu Apr 3 04:04:15 GMT 2003

I've just seen something that I think is a bit weird.  I'm looking at a
capture with ethereal and the NT user manager opens a SAM handle then a
LSA handle to the same domain controller.  The policy handles have
exactly the same values - I guess this makes sense if NT includes a time
component in the handle and they are opened simultaneously.

Ethereal has a global cache of policy handles so this should probably be
some sort of per connection cache instead.

Did anyone else realise this was possible or is it just me.  (-:

Tim.