rpc client timeouts

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Wed Apr 2 09:49:53 GMT 2003

On April 1, SROYLANCE at PARTNERS.ORG said:
> Winbind calls into the rpc client, which starts fetching the list of members
> The rpc client sets a timeout and starts pulling the list of group members
> Fetching all 60k users takes longer than the timeout, the timeout fires and
> the rpc client returns failure

I don't think this is the case. Is your domain controller NT4? I've
encountered some problems with large RPC retrievals from NT4 which
appear to be caused by a bug in the Samba code somewhere, but I've not
had a whole lot of luck in solving the problem.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"my head's having a party right now, but I'm not there."
                                         - Aoife Morrison